All too often “emotions” precipitate an unplanned divorce.
A consultation with a divorce attorney for the purposes of planning for
a divorce, well in advance of filing for divorce, may result in a superior
outcome. What are some of the benefits of advance divorce planning: You
would be advised of all of your rights and risks, e.g.,
- Are you at risk of paying alimony and, if so, how much might you have to pay?
- How can your reduce the amount of alimony you may be ordered to pay under
- How can you prevent assets acquired during the marriage from being equally
shared with your spouse?
- What steps should you take to ensure that you have equal timesharing with
- Are there ways to reduce the amount of child support you would ordinarily
be required to pay? and
- How can you reduce your exposure to contributing to your spouse’s